If you have a food hypersensitivity you get complaints from foods that other people do not suffer from. There are two types of food hypersensitivity:

  • allergic food hypersensitivity, also called allergy
  • non-allergic food hypersensitivity also called food intolerance (you can't tolerate something)

Through blood or skin tests, one can check if there is an allergy. Usually this is supplemented with an elimination (you leave something out) and provocation (you add it again) diet.

With non-allergic food hypersensitivity, little research is possible. By dieting you can find out what you are responding to.

Do you feel that you are responding to something in your diet but you do not know what, further research can be useful for this. We can help you with advice, which research makes sense to you. Below we mention a few possibilities.

• Allergy test blood

in the blood, it is possible to check whether antibodies are present against food components. In addition to IgE investigations there are also possible blood examinations on the presence of IgG antibodies.

• Elimination diet

A diet is necessary to find out if your symptoms do indeed decrease with adjustments in the diet. This way you will find out what your complaints are about. Of course, when preparing a diet, your wishes and possibilities are always taken into account.

Appointment and information

Make an appointment for an investigation or personal, completely adapted to your situation, complaints and wishes. If you want to know more, please contact us.