Spastic bowel, irritable bowel syndrome, IBS or PDS
- Do you have at least three days a month abdominal pain or an unpleasant feeling in the abdomen?
- Have you had these complaints for more than three months?
- Did the symptoms diminish after the stool?
- Is the stool more common or less common?
- Is the stool changing from hard to soft?
If you answered yes with 2 or more questions, there is a chance that you will suffer from a spastic bowel. If you have any intestinal problems, contact your GP. It can investigate whether there is a medical cause for your intestinal symptoms.